Translate

mardi, mars 17, 2009

At Varkala

When I arrive in a village the people I meet first are of course the waiter who serves me food, the children who are always curious to know why I walk badly and so intrigued by my japonese shoes , the shop keepers who are bored witing for clientele, the internet bodies when my reliance key is not reliable enough . Each day I marvel on how easy it is to communicate here in South India where everyone come so genuinely asking you: " what is your good name mam? where are you from? do you have a family " Always the same 3 questions in that order. Anne : they always choose Anna , french : they like ; 3 daughters they worry ! Here you have to give a dawry when your girls get married so they must think I have been ruined ! There are always people who want to take pictures ...So this one was taken by a young man passing by this morning just as I was leaving. "Could I take a picture of you, Mam ? " do they often say out of the blue ! They do not have numeric cameras but they all have phones to take pictures and then offer to use my own camera t take an other one for me .They must be proud back in their village after the season , to show their family they have westerner friends. Life is lovely

Aucun commentaire: