Translate

lundi, mars 02, 2009

Koshi








Kochi is such a pretty town and there is so much to do as a tourist and as an indian that I could easely have spent a full month here ; where life is vey human . No big buildings , old fishing technics , spices factories with delightful smells , all types of churches, temples,mosquees and even a synagoge ( even if there are only 15 jews left around ) . All those people living in peace one next to the other. Still I have to say it was fighting between Hindus and Muslims in 92 after the Hindus had attacked a mosquee in Delhi , so I supposed it could easely be touchy sometimes if one of the gangs play tough. I have found a gentle rickshaw driver Edwin ( surely baptised by an irish priest !) who takes me here and there , drives me to the fishing nets , pick me up from the massages place to leave me in the net cafe ! All this is very near and walking distances even for me, but he doesn't like to see me limping around so he wants to help . Here you understand what a good heart means . No agressivity, gentleness, smiles , it is really resting Still mny shops with religious images as you see here . Even in my bedroom there is a virgin Mary just next to the fan ! It is mid-term holidays in France so I meet many french families with young children even ...The weather starts to be very hot around here and you better watch the mosquitoes as soon as the sun goes down because they are watching you !!!

Aucun commentaire: