Translate

mercredi, mars 04, 2009

The dream of a rickchaw


Then we went for diner to the Seagull restaurant, just where I had been 3 nights before with Signe. Being with an Indian guy made a lot of difference in the bill I can tell you. The local menu was not offering those 1000 roupies’s fishs the tourists are looking for ! They were all Aslam’s friends and knowing Jill and Keith as well as in fact this was the hotel where they stayed for weeks. I talk about managing to get between all of ourselves enough money ( 2000 euros = 120000 roupies ; that meant in my mind 200 euros from 10 generous people among us including myself of course ) to get Aslam his own rickshaw as he is paying 150 roupies a day rent + 100 roupies gasoline and really deserves some help . Half at least of what he can earn a day goes to the rent , he has to find 10 clients for 25 roupies each ( and often an indian would give only 10!) before he can think of having a 100 roupies bill to bring back to his own family The only thing he asked was : “ But why me ? Why does everyone always want to help me? ” Dear Aslam isn’t because you are a true treasure, a true soul? And that as the hindus know and believe : “we reap what we sow “ That is a law. Let's reap a rickchaw !

Aucun commentaire: