Translate

lundi, décembre 25, 2006

Xmas food shopping

I offered to shop and cook dinner for who would be there thissunday night introducung the french late supper tradition on Xmas Eve. It use to be past midnight when we would come back from mass . Now it is more often around 10pm. The English people eating at 6pm thought that was late so we decide for a drink at 8pm in the big living room and a diner at a quarter to 9 ! We were going to be 16. That was a lot more than I had thought but never mind I love to cook and to me 4 or 16 is about the same .Except for the shopping without a car ! Specially here where the supermarket are quite far from the centre. I thought I could empty my suitcases and go by bus to fill up my travel bags. It did work Everything did enter : the 3 leg of lamb, the 3 salads, the 3kg of potatoes , the 16 breads, the 3 bottles of wine, vegetables, nuts, olives, saussages and pate ; 220$ worth of food : it is a lot of food to manage, I tell you …
But with Severine’s help I did manage

Aucun commentaire: