Translate

mercredi, décembre 27, 2006

The Madeira Hotel



Just as I thought it would be , old fashion, slim walls, cracking floors, flower curtains, non matching bedspread, a chair as bedside , a lavabo in a corner . The gas station just across the street . We could be anywhere in a French province in the 60th It was exactly the same. As I wanted to write cards and letters they gently brought me a computer table so I am as a queen myself here with no MR Blair to contrary me ! The weather is exquisite. And it is delightful to lie in the park next door just by the water and read or to cross the road to taste some fake bearnaise sauce on eggs benedict at a crowded terrace. I really could live here. It is as if the village which seems to take you back in times. This is resting in itself . I have book myself an appointment for an hair cut to morrow noon at “La belle Tresse” (“The beautiful plait”) where I have never seen a client! Imagine the risks I am able to take! I’ll tell you more as soon as I am bald. Meanwhile with the sun out I had in and around my old abode a wonderful day, ( see the blue skies), one of the best of those 6 months already on the road.


Aucun commentaire: