Translate

jeudi, février 12, 2009

A young acrobat


While I was finishing to read the book I intended to give to the english guy to sell ,a woman came with 3 children on the beach She look in her early 30’s , the children about 11, 7 and 2. Her presumed son helped her to quickly lift a co rd between 2 bamboo’s tripods . Then they both made some music out of kitchen utensils and drums and the little girl climb up and start tpo walk on the rope , 3 cups on the top of her head and one of her foot dragging along an aluminum plate. I was not the only one to be disturbed by the scene and it was difficult to know what to do when sthe young girl was sent to pass on the hat : encourage this mum to use and abuse that talented young child by giving her some money or not give any money and do not acknowledge the child’s work and talent . Instead of giving money I choose to give the child a Indian top I had just bought for my own grand child . She may sell it back or wear it in 3 years but she looked disappointed : she would have prefer 10 roupies even if the “gift” worth 20 more !

Aucun commentaire: