Translate

dimanche, février 08, 2009

Goa






I thought Goa was a big long beach, a kind of la Baule, with high buildings and many austalians or europeans tourists . Goa in fact is a strip of 105 kms of beaches and little fishing villages whedged between the warm Arabian sea and the mountains ranges of the western Ghâts . It is a tiny dot of land ( green on the previous map ) , 1/1000 the size of the rest of India, beetween the state of Maharashtra in the north and the satate of Karnatak in the south and it is just paradise on earth . I do not know where I was before for never having been here ! Portuguese until 1961 and this since 1400 it is the perfect place to chill !
I have choosen to stay in Anjuna , once the beetnick's capital of their world .... north of Panjim . And you still can see many of them around , not knowing if they became so wise that they ressemble now mostly to saddhus with long beards and long tanned legs or if they have just stop their clock year 70 ; but it is charming , colourful and when I was thinking of staying only 3 nights around on my way to Keral I already booked for 8 , so at home and do happy I feel . Of course I would like to have all of you here with me in the Red Cab Inn , near the Manali Internet Cafe where I spent the hottest part of the days and I dream of when 10 or 12 of us WILL rent the full guest house ( only 6 rooms ) for a full month of holy days by the emerald sea under the coco trees . I do not find it at all busy as I found Bali. And the portugese houses surrounded by their lovely rounded walls give to the old place a occidental look under the best climate you could dream of, at this season at least . I heard that the nightlife is exciting but I prefer my cosy room and the wonderful book I read under my lovely mosquito net ( Q§A of course !) . The food I was served those 2 past nights prevent me even to look for an other restaurant . Wine( still portuguese!) is only taxed a little Beleive me , this Goa is a gift of Life !

Aucun commentaire: