Translate

dimanche, février 15, 2009

In Palolem




In Palolem no right to built along the beach , that is why you find only palm huts on the golden shore . Ideal really ! The Routard’s guide was saying that all those mini resorts are not very we kept for the overpriced service they pretend to give . I wanted to follow the guide and go the the “sea view cottages “ ( quite an irish name this for me ! ) , the cheapest and cleanest of them all ! But of course my driver guide knew where he planned to frop me . His cousin has as well a resort here! In fact the one next door and this is how we entered “Livia’s Paradise “ As long as there is a fan and a mosquitoe net I can manage usually . 7 euros it would cost me to sleep rolled in the sound of the waves crashing on the soft sand. But after I was already happily installed I realised it was not clean at all in fact …So I tiptoed next door to see what they would have to offer . They offer me a real room adjacent to their house ( probably built out of a shed, with a private bathroom attached that is wc and cold shower ( no toilet paper , no towel ) for 5euros 20 (that is a lot nicer for a better price ) so I told Livia that the following morning I was leaving her paradise fo the next door purgatory ( lots of catholic around here ! ) . A nice diner foots in the sand , a glass of Madeira wine with the huge grilled tuna steak ( I was ashamed to pay it only 3 euros !) and a talk with an English man who spend for the past 10 years , 3 months here every year , before an internet session in the sand as well ! Fascinating really , to use skype from so far and in such conditions and to see my parents, brother and sisters through a camera .

Aucun commentaire: