Translate

lundi, mars 31, 2008

Vietnam

I have a funny feeling leaving Vietnam . It is a relief's feeling . I had only good experiences here . I ate beautifully, found the nicest and cleanest accomodations , found some new friends and I was very often moved by the fantastic qualities I could see in people and still I am not at ease as I was when I left Laos . In fact, I feel bad to see the poverty, bad to see the war's effects still so obvious on their lives, bad to see the pollution, the noise, the amount of people living on top of each other , the lack of space, of hope sometimes . I do not feel proud of the beautiful spacious french buildings left after colonisation when I remember how many of them people died in order to get their own country back . I have many thanks to say in this country . Everyone has been extremely nice and welcoming and I wish I would wish to come back but I do not think I will dare to do so, and if I do , then, I will take time , a lot more time and I will learn more about their history and their culture in order to love them a lot more They will remain inspirational for me and it is full of respect that I will tip toe out of this very beautiful but still hurt and wounded country . I was very pleased to have Jean Michel with me here as he already knew a lot more than I did and could point out many things I would have not fully understood on my own .

Aucun commentaire: