Translate

lundi, mars 24, 2008

French and Irish Ambassy


At the french Ambassy they told me that Dublin Ambassy had to certify the passport they once delivered as I reside in Ireland , before they could renew it here in Hanoï BUT when I came back by 4 pm with the right size ID pictures hoping to get it straight away , they were still waiting and waiting for the fax , and the fax was not coming . Only then it downed to me that we were march the 18th ! How could an Ambassy in Ireland, even a french one, be opened at 9am the day following St Patrick's day ? That is the question I asked to my man . As he was from Brittany , he understood and accepted to deliver an emergency passport without expecting a quick Dublin's answer. I had it by 4pm which explains that I could take back the might bus again at 7! chancing the fact that in Ho Chi Minh City, ex Saïgon , I would get back the visa lost as well. I had a great lunch in a famous Hanoï restaurant as long as I was there and surprised my brother in law by joining him so fast in Hoi An . Mrs Pham was delighted for me !

Aucun commentaire: