Translate

mercredi, février 06, 2008

Vang Vieng

I arrived in Vang Vian by quarter to 9 ( left at 4 pm ) and as the bus left me I don’t know where I had to cross a field dragging the case to find back the real busy road ; The first hostel was full. The second as well. I couldn’t understand why. The 3rd lady was so nice, she phoned a place a bit out of town where she was sure I would have a room and indeed I did .. The lady says : “ Do not worry , you have a room now . Big and clean . A big room with a balcony . So leave your luggage here. Go and check your mail. Have a proper diner . Then when you will be ready, my husband will drive you there, only half a mile down the road” I was a bit amazed buy the number of internet café in that little village as I could see at least 10 signs ! As well as a great number of guesthouses and a great great number of restaurants. Still no many people in the streets .
I had a nice noodle soup, toilet paper here used as tissues, and the husband drove me to River and Mountain View brand new Hotel where my room happen to be downstairs ( I will know the next morning that the lady specified on the phone that I was limping ). A big room. You will see , says the man , when you will open the curtains you will not believe the view .
As the electricity wires , the pipes in this hotel are not as it would be at home hidden in the wall so in the bathroom they bring an extra artistic distinction as you can see .
I soon realise the noise coming from the discos , even if I could see the lights far away . But happily the pubs in Lao closed at 11:30pm so it was not long before the noise stopped. Except for the frogs !!!!And the man was right When I open the curtains , the Nam Song was just under my window and the mountain was just in front of me . Anywhere else in the world this view would have a huge price but here for them a ten dollars bill is huge money.

Aucun commentaire: