Translate

mercredi, février 06, 2008

Vang Vegas


Today I realise that Vang Vieng is a kind of Las Vegas for the backpackers . It is a natural adventure centre, where you can swim and kayak and canoe and discover caves , a place where you can explore caverns and galleries, escalade, trek , walk. When you have done all that during the days then you relax in bars drinking beers and looking at DVD . It is quite incredible to see. The bars have rarely normal chairs but benches with cushions where our tired kids can lie when watching the chosen video before checking their e mail and talking to the worls through Skype . At 9 the village become empty as the disco starts and that is where you fo to scream and laugh . To today I saw hundreds of golden tan young people. I must have been the only tourist of my age except on this poster
Some of them looked a bit stoned! So I remember what I red in a guide. In Lao they may ask you-: “Would you like an happy drink ? or an happy meal ? Imagine if I was asked that question, how I would answer : “ Yes , of course” right away and I would be silly as an happy drink or meal is one where has been added some marijuana ! All this to say that Vang Vieng in its wonderful setting offer a lot of natural distractions.

Aucun commentaire: