Translate

mercredi, février 06, 2008

A bus trip

I took a bus for Luang Prabang , north of Vientiane. When I realize that the 384 kms were going to take us 12 hours , I simply decide to have a stop in between and choose Vang Vieng as I knew the little town is nestle in the mountains ( a bit as Clifden did I hope ) , 153 kms away which was going to take us already 4 hours to reach ! I had behind me a child really interested by my long nose and next to me a young lad who after an hour of difficult challenging conversation in Lao English , asked me by gestures did I have a mobile phone . Not only did I say “Yes” but to prove it I show the phone that he grabbed and used for a long phone call . Then he notes on a piece of paper the number written on the back of the phone . When finally he gave it back to me, he said with a big smile that he spoke to his Mam and that everything is fine. He likes me so when I will be in Luang Prabang he will phone me and invite me for diner at his family’s home. After 2 hours the bus stopped to let us pee : the men simply did it along the road. The women did not really hide either . I should have closed my eyes as this child but it was too extraordinary . Still I did not dare to take a picture .

Aucun commentaire: