Translate

mercredi, février 27, 2008

And the best was still to come




On the 22nd Annie started a long trip back to Bangkok by an other night bus ! And I took off for SI Phan DON litterally 'the 4000 islands' . It is a section of the Mekong River just north of the border of Cambodia . Some islands , the biggest ones are inhabited but it is of course an important wetland habitat for both the birds and the aquatic wildlifes species and most notably the Irrawaddy Dolphins. All those islands remain in their pristine natural form . First I was going to go and spend 3 or 4 nights in Don Khong the largest one , but finally I found myself staying in the bus and going until Nasenphan, the place where you embark for Don Khone or for Don Det . I had heard of Don Det, the necessary last lao stop after Viang Vien if you love parties and grass ! On our boat for Don Khone , a Swiss man with his young Lao girlfriend, Pierre and Leh , myself, an american teacher, Jane and 3 , 60 years old hippies, a lady and 2 men, who had miss the boat for the funnier smoking island! I had not a clue where I was going neither where I would stay.It was going to be the best time ever !!!What a life!

Aucun commentaire: