Translate

dimanche, octobre 29, 2006

Wwoofers

Always lovely to share a meal with friends from all over the worlds . Here a young english Nicky and a young german girl, Cornelia. Nicky is arriving, Cornelia is leaving . They shared the same room 2 nights and act as if they had known each other a life time !
There is an english association WWOOF which started to operate in NZ in 1974 and which is very successful. It allows volunteers to stay on organic farms and join the various projects their hosts are busy with, like this they can learn hand organic growing technics, live on the farm with most often an experience of an alternative way of life and make some great contacts . I meet a lot of
wwoofers and some even come back regularly to work on winery or in an orchard picking up berries, avocados , kiwis . So here are the whoofers of the day . I may see them back as if i do not intend to work in the fields I still can offer to cook for a week in a winery (preferably!) if they send me a great address where I could be odf some help .
When I am writting this I get a message from the nice Suzan I met yesterday in her warm B&B by Drury and she says her husband Pat the foollowing morning had a stoke and is now in hopital with no feeling on the left side of his body .Do please enjoy any minute of everyday as nobody knows what could happen next .

Aucun commentaire: