Translate

jeudi, octobre 26, 2006

In Rotorua





When you approach Rotorua the welcome sign wish you in maori Manahakitanga : Feel the Spirit :

The first one you notice is the Spirit of the living Earth

As you smell sulphur all around . Rotorua is located in a volcanic region and all around you have big choices of active geothermal reserves.
Then you notice the spirit of the inhabitants, a spirit of welcome and gentleness
I found the nicest hostel “The spa lodge “ and organised a massage for the following morning choosing to go the the Queen Elisabeth Hospital to reward my soul with an Aix Massage imported from Aix les Bains ( France) which is a massage given and receive under a subtle shower of warm thermal water .
It was great and gave me enough energy to go and visit the reserve of Hell’s Gate , to feel as they say the earth’s raw power taking a walk among
sulphur fumeroles and geysers and boiling muds to see the largest hot waterfall in this hemisphere treasured by local Maoris for over 800 years for its healing power , walk followed by a 100 lilos geothermal mud bath for top skin treatment ! 20 minutes later I was moved after a very cold shower in a hot water sulphur spa . You should have seen my soft and clean skin!!! I
was glowing so I decided to go and get intoxicated again in an irish pub ! Nice to know that in every tpown you will find at least one and maybe 2 irish pubs Here I had the choice between O’ Malley as my dear Jerry and Hennessy’s as our dear cognac . Hennessy’s being just by the hostel , there I go in my irish sweater for a pint of irish hospitality ! Of course no irish there apart me ! but doesn’t matter the Kiwis are fine too!!!!

Aucun commentaire: