Translate

jeudi, octobre 05, 2006

My friend Lina

When I was here for the first time visiting the "bare hands" healers in 1980, I met among others , 2 persons who were going to remain important in my life. One was a Japanese man , Tatsuo, whom I am going to visit in March so you will know more about him then . The other one was Lina. Lina was 39 when I was 37. We met in a church at a Sunday mass and we always corresponded since .She has 2 daughters : Malou ((from Marie Lourdes) and Didi (from Dorothy) who call me Auntie Anne, and by them 5 beautiful grandchildren. She as well until 47 days ago a wonderful husband Rico, who passed away last august 19th suffering quite a lot when their province’s little hospital didn’t have any mean to realise he was in fact having a heart attack . It was mainly because of this event that I accepted MG’s such generous offer to follow her to Manila. I had heard about Lina’s distress and knew I would be the best one around to make her smile again. And I succeeded. Here she is pondering with grandson Alejo but you have with the previous text , as she said : her “first smile since Rico left” We are offering it to you. We decided it was worthing the long trip and the fact that it was so much out of my planned route.

Aucun commentaire: