Translate

jeudi, octobre 19, 2006

The tree house

Back in Kaitaia, I choose to drive to KohuKohu and in fact the place where the first Maori coming from Malesia start to settle, a lovely harbour with some old Victorian houses where I wanted to meet a Australian painter I had heard of and where I knew Liz was spending the night in a place supposed to be an other delightful accommodation And it was. The purposed owner- built wooden lodge “Tree House” set in a magical peaceful natural sub tropical garden ( Philipp, the owner said he planted over 6000 trees and plants since he built it 16 years ago !) full of birds , was more than welcoming and I was given a separate bungalow with my own terrace overlooking hundred of lilies ! I had to stay 2 nights! New friends were made again. And the next day a charming german girl who in fact had help me walk the path to the lighthouse in Cape Reinga and myself hopped on the ferry to go to the pharmacy set on the other side of the inlet. So here I am on the french version : in the wind on the ferry !

Aucun commentaire: