Translate

mercredi, janvier 24, 2007

A Promised Land







Australia , along time dream for me
When I was a young wife silly enough to fight with my man I would easely say :

- "Enough of this bullshit , here I am gone to Australia
-Gone to Australia to do what ? would he say
Feed sheep with pancakes in the middle of the desert ?
-Maybe would I reply , maybe but lots of land , peace, sun and soon maybe an helicopter
It was for me the promised land, the land where everything could have happen, a young and free America with a better climate.
Well here am now 40 years later and I must say my vision was not too over of the top . It looks a bit like paradise around here, around Brisbane
I particularly like the Australian dream homes, large colourful wooden homes with terraces, porches and balconies among flowers and trees.
I like the climate of course with the breakfast outside at 7 am with already a lot of sun to enjoy, I like the eazyness of it all , this impression to be in a permanent holyday place . You can surf and swim and climb and kayak and jog right there in the town . The public gardens are everywhere and if you put 2$ in the electric barbecue here you are you can cook your sausage on the spot ! I like the gentleness of people, their spontaneity and their easy going way of living mainly outdoor . I like the young people who look so free and fun,
healthy , creative and happy. A bit like my generation was in the late fifties. And I was not wrong about America either it is a lot like America the fun and the freedom on top !

Aucun commentaire: