Translate

mercredi, janvier 03, 2007

New Year Eve


I came back to Picton knowing by experience that staying at La villa was finding a home away from home. In the living room the huge Xmas tree was spreading its colourful lights and in the garden the plants had grown even more
I could get only a bed in a 6 beds dorm as of course I was not the only one wishing to be there for that occasion. No common dinner as a big party was organised in the town starting at 8pm with concerts, dancing and a big firework at midnight. Some were a bit disappointed so I offer to cook a dinner on the first for who would like a taste of French cuisine! Soon the list 12 names and I could figure out we probably end up 16 again! In the dorm were with me a young Japanese , a young lady from
Christchurch and 3 lively Argentinean who had only one desire : dance; dance and dance and who had started to clap and sing and tango among the back packs ! You could only love them. Such exuberance! Such a joy! Such an energy We all looked dead compare to those 3 ! I was delighted to meet them . Still by 11:30 when all went to see the firework and dance I choose not to follow the noisy crowd and stayed to keep the house on my own. I went into the hot tub and had a wonderful moment in the very hot water to ponder under the stars .When I went into the hammock among the rose trees to chill out I heard the first firework whistle and realise I could see the whole show better than if I had been with the group packed downtown . I had all the magic of the bright colours jumping into the sky with the hissing sounds going with it. It was truly a great New Year’s Eve for me , one of the best and the first spend outside Ireland for years .The softness of the summer night made me so soft as well that I felt the kindness of the world. It was only 11 in the morning for you overseas so I sent it back to you and happily started my new year.

Aucun commentaire: