Translate

lundi, août 14, 2006

A sunday

 My first insight this morning was to join the pastor’s crowd in Mele and go with them to their mass to hear more of their beautiful songs but as I never could join Pastor Ova on the phone I didn’t dare to show up without him knowing and to surely disturb their Sunday ceremony. Still I went as a spy to check where the village was –in fact only some 15 minutes from central town and as long as I was on their Mele Beach and Bay I decide to spend the rest of the day in a very near resort : Hideaway Island , the perfect tiny tropical island . The waters around there have been declared a marine sanctuary and are teeming with marine life and tropical fish. You can either snorkel from the shore and feed the fish ( not kill it) or join a dive boat for a close look to the coral gardens Our coral on our dear coral strand is like coral dust compared to coral beaches here . You can also see the reef from a bottom glass boat and that is a lot more comfortable for me always afraid to badly hurt my insensitive foot on the reef. It is bad enough the way it is !
Hideaway island has also the world’s only UNDERWATER POST OFFICE!!!! Imagine , you dive and you mail your waterproof postcard for friends and family. I thought about you but at 1 euro the postcard I decided I had too many friends after all and I even resist to send ont to my grandchildren as I was not sure to be able to go down and post it myself!!!!
After that sunny day and great swim I went to the Café which closes at 8pm anyway to make sure everyone sleeps at 9!!!
The motel’s lady is very nice and manage for me to be alone in my room which gives me plenty place and peace.
 Posted by Picasa

Aucun commentaire: