Translate

vendredi, août 18, 2006

Some kava?

Kava is a plant which the roots give when they are pressed a very very bitter drink to be mixed with some water. You drink it along the road in miserable little sheds that you can recognised at a little red light letting you know that the kava of the day is ready. It is open on the sides and you can come and sit and sip and remake the whole world. About 80cts for a half cup. Women for ages were not allowed there but are now and they come to get rid of their stress! I am sure myself, Ann and Agne( picture) would do the same in we had a kava bar in Foreglass ! ( maybe we will when I’ll be back!)
In 2002 the Uk banned the kava because it had been linked to cause livers damage and it was desolation here as of course it did affect the kava industry (kava is used in Europe under pharmaceutical capsules to reduce anxiety? It competes with Valium! )as many farmers here depend on that trade. Happily to day since a German Phytopharms report not only it is harmless but a safe and effective herbal product (which one should we believe???) Uk upholds the ban! It is a huge title of the paper to day, front page. To night all the kava bars will rejoice all over. I may try again. The first time I took some in Santo it was so bitter and I felt so sleepy that I decide to stick to my glass of wine instead!

Aucun commentaire: