Translate

mercredi, février 22, 2012

Pablo and his great mother Julie


So a certain little boy was bored walking down the street. "What can I do?" he begged. "Count feet," I answered. "I have two," he answered manner of factly. "Yes, but how many can you see on all the other people?" "I don't want to count." "Okay," I said, "There are 5 people. How many feet are there?" "Ten," he answered, not missing a beat. "Okay, there are 10 people, how many feet?" "Twenty," he answered, confidently. "Okay, there are 3 people, how many feet?" "Six, give me another one." "Okay," I said, "There are 20 people, how many feet?" "Forty." "Great, Pablo, how did you know that?" "One person has two feet. Twenty people times two equals forty feet," explaining gently, in case I needed time. And on and on we went all the way home. Little did he know we were doing the two times tables. I guess next time he gets bored (tomorrow), we'll move onto four-legged animals and maybe after that spiders ..

Aucun commentaire: