Translate

mercredi, novembre 01, 2006

An other "last evening"

I had no bedroom last night for my last night of the month in the City Garden Lodge as my room by the computer's room, was now Petra's one! Petra is a German teacher and in Germany it is not only allowed but strongly recommended to take a sabbatical year every 7 years . She took hers and decided to come and live with a family in Coromandel to improve her english , so I slept in a dorm and of course we had a ball . We were 5! Nicky the english girl you already know , her London's friend Lisa just arrived from Australia - those 2 girls had rented a car and were as wel leaving this morning 1rst of November for the northern tour! a young Japanese girl from Osaka named Akiko was preparing herself to leave as well to go and trek south of Auckland , me packing my summer clothes for Roratonga and a German girl who was alone to stay behind ! Not for long anyway as the hostel is always fully booked.
They gave me their best tips for Australia and Japan ! We talked and laughed but at 11pm everyone was sound asleep. I played Mum this morning , bringing- on a tray!- each one a cup of tea in bed . They were delighted !!!!!
Our paths will probably cross again as we were all except Akiko fooling around New Zealand until mid january. Of course they all LOVE to be on the road and my feeling is that at 20 or 25 surely there is no better place to be !

Aucun commentaire: