Translate

dimanche, novembre 05, 2006

My home, for a while

My hostel was not exactly the one I could have dreamt of and when I arrived at 3 in the morning I was a bit set back by the fact that the building was made of raw blocks just painted not even plastered , that the hostel was not on the beach but among cockerels which started to give the serenade as early as 4am just before the sun entered the room at 6! Still, since, I was seduced by the gentleness and generosity of the owners, the nice other backpackers living there as well, the wonderful beach very near on the other side of the road where up to now I found myself always alone to walk in the morning or to swim in the rays of the setting sun . I got my ears plug to let the cockerels leads their singing cessions in peace and put a sleeping mask to ignore the first glimpse of the day and now I feel at home I appreciate the little café next door, the internet on site , the quietness of the place and the Russian doctor who lives next door and can help me with that stubborn stiff neck .So I think I will be there for the full month having found that renting a house and pay 80$ a night was less clever than my good bed here among palm trees for 25. This type of economies might even allow me to consider to visit Aitutaki , an other island with a special sense of magic , did I hear …

Aucun commentaire: