Translate

mardi, décembre 20, 2011

My first day in the big City

Between subways and buses I found my way uptownn and could see how weak my legs are if I compare to my previous visit ! 

Still, the lovley buildings, the doormen , the Xmas lights made me feel so so much at home 

The idea was to go and see " The Artist"  a french /american movie for witch Guillaume Schiffman, my grandson Némo 's father,  has worked as director of photography and I did 4 west 58 th street . I wanted so much to see his beautiful work that it was the first goal I had to fullfill .

When I left the movie theatre by 6pm the streets were lit  and it was a very special treat 

To walk through and among the lights while processing towards 99th street and 7th Avenue

Where I was invited for a Xmas Carol's concert where Abby Newton was playing the challow with a group of talented  musicians  for their annual "Colonial Christmas Concert" at the grand Hall of  St Michaël  church , 225W 99th street 
Everyone was dressed like in 1650 but I didn"t dare to take pictures during that vibrant yearly show where Linda the head of the band told us so many  wonderful stories about the Xmas of that time . During the pause we could appreciate apple juice and home made chocolate cookies .

Aucun commentaire: