Translate

mardi, janvier 31, 2012

In Atlanta


Last sunday , on the 29th , graceful slim Argentinian Agustina was waiting for me at Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport the world's busiest airport since 1998. A beautiful airport I must say with the luggages just at the exit door . Halas no luggage for me. In Baltimore airport , US Air gently had transferred me on a direct Delta flight which bring me in Atlanta at 8pm instead of 11pm and spared me to wait 4 hours in Philadelphia . Despite promises the bag never followed.
I was offered a tooth brush and a new T-shirts and lots of excuses by the company and assured that the bag would be delivered to-morrow , which it was !
"Atlanta is the most populous city in the U.S. state of Georgia. According to the 2010 census, Atlanta's population is 420,003. Atlanta is the cultural and economic center of the Atlanta metropolitan area, which is home to 5,268,860 people and is the ninth largest in the U.S. Residents of the city and its surroundings are known as "Atlantans." but lucky as always I am invited to stay in a lovely environment in a bubburb called Austell ( not hostel !) in a big confortable house where I will spend the 13 nights left before my visa ends.


A Baltimore par gentillesse j'ai été transférée d'une compagnie à l'autre de façon à m'éviter 4 heures d'attente à Philadelphie. Me voici donc trimballée en l'air par la compagnie DELTA pendant que USAIR se chargeait de faire suivre mes affaires ! Las !Les bagages avaient du faire un détour par Philadelphia car ils n'étaient pas là quand j'arrivai à Atlanta et je me vis offrir avec beaucoup d'excuses une brosse à dent et un t shirt blanc avec l'assurance que la valise retrouvée me serait délivrée dans les meilleurs délais, ce qui le lendemain fut fait. Agustina, qui m’accueille, elle était là et bien vite je me suis retrouvée à l'abri , à Austell, une banlieue d'Atlanta, dans une grande maison confortable avec une chambre et une salle de bain en rez de chaussée rien que pour moi. Rien à voir avec un hostel cet Austell là ! J'y resterai 13 nuits pour donner au visa le temps d'expirer dans les bois.

Aucun commentaire: