Translate

mardi, septembre 30, 2008

Bella Roma


It was my first time in Rome . I was invited by my friend Richard and had 9 days to spend in the Eternal City . Roma was exactly as I knew it would be . Except maybe for the beauty of the churches 's treasures . I was truly amazed by their magnifiscence.

As I was reading the famous " Eat, Pray, Love"
I was following Elisabeth's steps and enjoying the food as much as she did , before walking and walking and walking hours from Pantheon, to Trevi, to Coliseum, to Villa Borghese, to such an extend that one day I say to a waitor :
" I am simply exhausted ! What should I drink. Bring me whatever you think !" He did not hesitate and bring me back a RED BULL!!
I was living in a tiny appartment on the top of the building which meant that we had a big terrace , a fabulous view on the Coliseum , lots of pine trees under us and the moon above when we dined and wined . It was quite magical to hear the bells every hour and to know how many nuns were praying just next door. The Pope was not in town as he was travelling in France but even so , it was moving to hear his voice and see his face on the giant screens around St Peter's famous square. Of course I forgot to bring back rosaries but didn't forget to bring back a sexy italian suit ! A wonderful week

Aucun commentaire: